Principal, VP Operations
Karl's career at PICCO began in 1999. Educated in architecture, Karl quickly developed his skills in stone engineering and design solutions by contributing to many legacy projects at the firm, including Fairfield Residence, Museum of Human Rights, and Yale University. Building PICCO's early cladding standards and project detailing approaches, he continued to evolve PICCO’s technical and PM processes, company culture, and loyal customer base into a successful client-centric practice.
As Principal at PICCO and a dynamic leader of diverse teams, Karl oversees day-to-day operations and drives best in class project delivery. A creative problem solver and business professional, Karl further collaborates in a project executive capacity, while contributing to the organizations Strategic Planning, HR, Marketing, Innovation, and Business Development efforts.
Karl holds an Advanced Diploma of Architectural Technology from Centennial College, BCIN Designer Certifications, and is accredited as a Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2002. Karl contributes regularly as a member of the Architectural Advisory Board at Humber College and is active within the AEC & Stone industry through its various Associations and professional communities.
• Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
• Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg, MB
• Four Seasons Hotel, Toronto, ON
• Hudson Yards Redevelopment, New York, NY
• Private Residence (100,000 sf), Long Island, NY
• Vanderbilt University Residential Colleges, Nashville, TN
• Yale University Residential Colleges, New Haven, CT